Wednesday, August 8, 2012

In 50 days myself and a team of 9 other women will be jumping on a plane and traveling 1,253 miles to  serve in Haiti for 8 days.

On paper, we know that we will be participating in children's ministry, women's ministry and maybe some home improvement projects like painting or cleaning. But, I know God has supernatural things planned for us - experiences only He can handcraft and lead us into.

As we approach our departure date, this concept of God planning our steps and experiences is in the forefront of my mind. I'm ready to see what miraculous moments and holy encounters He has for us.

This will be my 5th trip to Haiti in 3 years and EVERY trip, without fail, God takes my breath away and fills my eyes with tears of joy as I experience Him and His church in a groundbreaking new way! Whether it's in the smile of a child (who, on the surface, seems to have nothing to smile about), the greeting of a woman in a village, the faith of the Haitian Christians or the passionate worship service at the Church of Hope, I experience God in a new way through the people of Haiti.

So, again, I'm waiting on God expectantly and trusting that His will is done through me and my team. What better place to be than in the center of His will and doing His work?

- Caylene

"How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!" - Romans 10:15

Worship at Church of Hope in Haiti

No comments: